Eastern Kentucky University Co-op
- Location Richmond, KY
- Nearest ELS Center Cincinnati,OH
Learn more about University Programs That Provide Work Experience in the U.S.A Frequently Asked Questions
|Key Major||Future Job Possibilities||Sample Co-Op Companies|
|APPLIED ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT||Quality Control, Product Development, Maintenance Supervision||Hitachi Automotive Systems, Enersys, International Crankshaft|
|COMPUTER SCIENCE||Network Test Engineering, Consulting Engineering, Information Technology||Galmont Computing, Ashland, Inc., Lockheed Martin|
|ACCOUNTING||Budget Analyst, Internal Auditor, Finance CFO||Tempur-Pedic North America, KPMG LLP, Blue Grass Army Depot|
Eastern Kentucky University is a 2015 STEM Jobs Approved College, Gold Status (highest possible rank).
EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY CO-OP PROGRAM
Eastern Kentucky University's Co-op Program is the first program accredited in the state of Kentucky by the Accreditation Council for Cooperative Education and Internships. We offer both Co-op and Internship opportunities. Our mission is to ensure student success through supervised career-related experiences that enhance professional development and enable application of classroom learning. Our goals are to:
• Promote quality education by furnishing the most comprehensive professional preparation available to students in the colleges it serves through planned, progressive and supervised work experiences
• Provide on-going professional development for department faculty to improve quality instruction for Co-op and internship courses
• Build unique employer, community and regional partnerships whereby students work in business, industry, education, and government, enhancing their intellectual and professional development while meeting the workforce needs
• Provide employer and student statistical analysis data to university administrators, faculty and staff in support of university strategic goals
To participate in the Cooperative Education/Internship Program, you must demonstrate above average academic performance, maintain that level of achievement after placement with an employer, and meet all other requirements of the program. Specifically, this means that you must:
• Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0 while participating in the Co-op/Internship Program. (Some departments may require higher GPAs.) Student must maintain that level of achievement after a co-op/internship offer with an employer.
• Remain on or ahead of schedule for courses required for graduation.
• Satisfactorily perform the work assignments for each work period.
• Complete and submit all required assignments to the Center for Career & Co-op.
• Attend any meetings and conferences required by your Co-op Coordinator.
|Housing||Location Type||Offers Scholarships||Degrees Offered|
|Available for Undergraduate and Graduate||Rural||Yes||Associate, Bachelor, Master, Doctorate|
|Public/Private||Institution Type||Student Body||Student Population|
|Public||Doctorate-Granting University||Co-educational||13984 (Total)||26 (International)|
Please Note:While you will build your resume and gain many professional skills during your co-op or internship, participating in a co-op or internship does not guarantee employment. Sample companies and future job possibilities are intended to highlight possible outcomes.