- Location Cincinnati, OH
- Nearest ELS Center Cincinnati,OH
Learn more about University Programs That Provide Work Experience in the U.S.A Frequently Asked Questions
|Key Major||Future Job Possibilities||Sample Co-Op Companies|
|ARCHITECTURAL ENGINEERING||Acoustics & Lighting, Energy Conservation, Fire Prevention||General Electric, Honeywell, Duke Energy|
|MECHANICAL ENGINEERING||HVAC, Consumer Electronics, Biotechnology||Toyota, Siemens, PNC|
|COMPUTER SCIENCE||Systems Analyst, Software Developer, Artificial Intelligence||Aeropostale, Prudential, Macy's Inc.|
• The Princeton Review ranks UC as one of the best public universities in the U.S.A.
• Business Insider ranks the UC’s design and architecture programs as number one in the world among public universities
• The Academic Ranking of World Universities, by Shanghai Jiatong University, ranks UC in the top 100 of U.S.A. public universities
• The National Science Foundation ranks UC among the best 25 public research universities in the U.S.A.
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI CO-OP PROGRAM
Co-op was invented at the University of Cincinnati in 1906. Now, over 100 years and 43 countries later, generations of students worldwide have followed our lead!
Today, UC’s co-op program is listed among the nation’s best in “US News & World Report” rankings.
The co-op program at the University of Cincinnati is currently the largest co-op program at any public institution in the United States. Nobody knows cooperative education, its applications, and its payoffs better than we do. After all – we invented it!
• The University of Cincinnati offers a balance of educational excellence and real-world experience.
• UC has been the source of many discoveries that created positive change for society, including co-op education, the oral polio vaccine, the first electronic organ, the first safe anti-knock gasoline, and the first antihistamine.
• The Cooperative Education Program is designed to provide the highest quality learning environment by offering an enhanced education and furnishing the most comprehensive professional preparation available to the students in the colleges it serves.
Students enrolled in the following programs are required to participate in the UC Professional Practice Program (also known as cooperative education or co-op):
• Architecture (Bachelor of Science and Master)
• Fashion Design
• Graphic Communication Design
• Industrial Design
• Interior Design
• Urban Planning