- Location Indianapolis, IN
- Web Site http://www.iupui.edu
- Nearest ELS Center Cincinnati,OH
- Need to Learn English? Learn More About English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
|Key majors offered|
|Housing||Location Type||Offers Scholarships||Student Population||Offers CLA|
|Available for Undergraduate and Graduate||Urban||Yes||28710 (Total)||Yes|
|Degrees Offered||Public/Private||Institution Type||Student Body||Student Population|
|Bachelor, Master||Public||Doctorate-Granting University||Co-educational||2000 (International)|
Yearly Costs / ELS Level
|Degree||Tuition||Fees||Housing **||Meals||OtherExpenses||I 20/Visa* (Total Required Funds)||ELS|
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) is Indiana's premier urban public research university, offering degrees from both Indiana University and Purdue University. Established in 1969 to support the many academic and research opportunities in Indianapolis, IUPUI offers students the chance to study in the state's economic and cultural center. Enrollment is approximately 30,000 students, including 2,000 international students from 142 countries. IUPUI has ranked in the Top 10 for undergraduate teaching among national public universities by US News & World Report and was ranked among the Top 10 Best Pubic Universities in the Midwest by Forbes. IUPUI offers 350 majors in 17 nationally recognized, professionally accredited schools including the IU Kelley School of Business, the Purdue School of Engineering & Technology, and the IU School Medicine, to name a few. Popular programs of study include Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Health Science and Law. Indianapolis is the state capitol of Indiana, the 14th largest city in the US, and among the most affordable cities in the country. Indianapolis is famous for both its pharmaceutical and life sciences industries and is headquarters to several internationally-known companies. Students enjoy the outstanding museums, parks, international restaurants, and the many national sporting events hosted by the city year-round. Average Low Temperature (Winter): 28.1F/-2.2C Average High Temperature (Summer): 75.4F/24.1C
- Furnished apartments and dormitory rooms are available on campus, including special housing programs such as International House, Women in Science, Honors House, etc.
- Apartments include full-service kitchens, or students can choose from a variety of on-campus and nearby off-campus food service options.
- On-campus housing is limited; therefore, early applications are strongly advised.
- The city of Indianapolis offers a variety of options for off-campus living at very affordable prices, including numerous apartment options in walking distance to campus and downtown Indianapolis.
- The IUPUI Campus Center is the central meeting place on campus and is a great place to meet with friends, relax, enjoy a cup of coffee or tea, and a snack, or browse the Cultural Arts Gallery and exhibits or campus bookstore. With more than 400 student organizations, IUPUI offers many opportunities to develop leadership skills and to be active in student government, and many internship and volunteer opportunities in the Indianapolis community.
- Sports complex featuring a pool, tennis courts, baseball and soccer fields and a gymnasium
- The IUPUI International Club promotes cultural diversity through food, music, arts, and other activities
- Intramural and recreational sports programs