The Culinary Institute of America is located in scenic Hyde Park, NY on the Hudson River's east bank, 1 1/2 hours north of New York City on U.S. Route 9. The Culinary Institute of America 's New York campus operates five award-winning, student-staffed public restaurants - Pangea, Ristorante Caterina de' Medici, Bocuse Restaurant, American Bounty Restaurant and the Apple Pie Bakery Café.
Housing fees are based on double-occupancy rooms. Facilities include lounges, computer labs and laundry facilities. Residence halls are supervised at all times.
- Choose from on-campus movies, parties, casino nights, live music, dances, stand-up comedy and more. Participate in fun foodie events including the annual Chili Cookoff and Chowder Cookoff. Or, take Student Activities sponsored trips to various events and destinations like New York City, ski-resorts, white water rafting adventures, kayaking, rock climbing or New York professional sporting and theatre events. Among the student clubs recognized by the college are:
- Student Government Association
- Baking and Pastry Society
- Culinary Christian Fellowship
- Gourmet Society
- La Papillote, CIA student newspaper
- Brew Club
- Swing Jams
- Women Chefs and Restaurateurs
- Photography Club
- . Be sure to visit our Student Recreation Center, including weight room, indoor track, six-lane swimming pool, gymnasium and more. While you're there, join one of our many fitness classes or intramural programs.