- Location River Forest, IL
- Web Site http://www.dom.edu
- Nearest ELS Center Chicago,IL
- Need to Learn English? Learn More About English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
|Key majors offered|
|Library And Information Science|
|Housing||Location Type||Offers Scholarships||Student Population||Offers CLA|
|Available for Undergraduate and Graduate||Suburban||Yes||3522 (Total)||Yes|
|Degrees Offered||Public/Private||Institution Type||Student Body||Student Population|
|Bachelor, Master||Private||Master: Colleges and Universities||Co-educational||110 (International)|
Yearly Costs / ELS Level
|Degree||Tuition||Fees||Housing **||Meals||OtherExpenses||I 20/Visa* (Total Required Funds)||ELS|
Founded in 1901, Dominican University is located on 30 acres within a tree-lined residential neighborhood just 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Throughout its growth and expansion, the university has maintained the signature Gothic architectural look established almost 100 years ago by renowned architect Ralph Adams Cram, the architect for Princeton University, the University of Chicago's Rockefeller Chapel and West Point Military Academy. Dominican is one of the most affordable universities to make both the "U.S. News and World Report top-tier and Colleges of Distinction lists". The university combines rigorous academics, internships, research, and 50-plus undergraduate degree options with personal attention and deep interactions in classes that average 16 students. Graduate programs also are available in Business, Education, Social Work, and Library and Information Science. The student body of 2,306 undergraduates and 1,216 graduate students is diverse and includes 110 international students from 17 countries. The Oak Park-River Forest community is rich with cultural opportunities, including a symphony orchestra which uses the university as its home, numerous art galleries, theaters, and Fitzgerald's, a nationally recognized live music venue. Within walking distance of campus are restaurants, parks, museums, movie theaters, churches and retail districts. Public transportation conveniently connects the campus to a plethora of sports, cultural and entertainment opportunities in Chicago. Average Temperatures Low (winter): 25°F/-4°C High (summer): 73°F/23°C
- Dominican's four residence halls offer several living possibilities. Single, double and triple occupancy rooms are available for upperclassmen. Each room is equipped with a bed, desk, closet and dresser for each student.
- High-speed Internet access.
- On-campus residents are required to participate in the comprehensive dining plan.
- Offers honor societies, academic clubs and a variety of ethnic and cultural clubs
- 13 intercollegiate athletic teams
- More than 50 different ways to get involved - student organizations, club sports, intramurals and leadership programs.
- The Dominican Student Center and the Igini Sports Forum, includes a running track, fitness center, bookstore, student casual dining area and a cyber-cafe.