Located on 76 hectares of waterfront property, Eckerd College is a private, coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with a diverse student body of 1,800 students from 47 states and 45 countries. With easy access to the city of St. Petersburg, students are able to use the city for internships in science, business and the arts. St. Petersburg boasts the best of large city living with arts/culture and commerce while staying safe and accessible.
Eckerd College is an innovative and forward-thinking institution that values a global perspective in its academic program. Eckerd has gained national recognition for programs in Environmental and Marine Sciences, Psychology, International Relations and Global Affairs and Business Administration. Eckerd students have the opportunity to engage in research that is typically available during Master's-level studies at other universities.
The close student-professor relationship and small class size are important parts of the educational experience at Eckerd College. Professors do not just teach, but they also mentor students, assisting them in selecting their major areas of study and in planning the student's academic schedule. The work of educating the next generation of informed, creative, and freethinking leaders is Eckerd's highest goal.
Low (winter): 61°F/16°C
High (summer): 82°F/28°C
Eckerd offers housing for 4 years with full meal plans for both men and women. Freshmen are required to live on campus during their first year. Residence halls feature single, double, and triple rooms with private or shared baths. More than 88% of the student body lives on campus. Eckerd can also assist transfer students with alternative housing.
Off Campus Housing: Prior to Full Admission/Matriculation
- Organized student activities include events such as the Spring Ball, movies, comedians, hypnotists, concerts and trips to area theme parks
- Athletic sports teams for men (Sailing, Basketball, Baseball, Golf, Soccer and Tennis) and women (Basketball, Soccer, Sand Volleyball, Softball, Golf and Tennis)
- NCAA Division II
- Intramural sports programs in flag football, volleyball, soccer, rugby, lacrosse, basketball and softball
- The Eckerd College Waterfront Program, one of the most comprehensive collegiate programs in the U. S., include the Wallace Boathouse, an Activities Center, multiple docks and a boat ramp.
- Eckerd College is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and is featured among 40 U.S. colleges in the book, Colleges That Change Lives