Canisius is located in the heart of Buffalo, the second largest city in New York State. Over 4,000 students from 23 different countires study at our 72 acre campus, which is a safe, attractive place for international students. Canisius has been educating students since 1870.
Canisius continues to be identified as one of the premier, small, private universities in the Northeast United States. Here are a few of our recent rankings and outcomes:
• #18 Finance Program in the USA (US News & World Report)
• #30 Accounting Program in the USA (US News & World Report)
• #2 Accounting Program in New York State (CPA Exam Results)
• #7 Best Undergraduate Business Programs in the USA among small private schools (US News & World Report)
• 86% Medical School Acceptance Rate (5-Year Average)
• 88% Law School Acceptance Rate (5-Year Average)
Buffalo is a dynamic city located only half an hour from Niagara Falls, and an hour and a half from Toronto. The city offers a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, gorgeous sights, creative arts, rich history, compelling sports teams, downtown biking or four-wheel driving, as well as wonderful restaurants and shopping. Two subway stops on our campus make navigating the area very easy.
1. AVERAGE LOW TEMPERATURE (WINTER): 40.2°F/ 4.5°C
2. AVERAGE HIGH TEMPERATURE (SUMMER): 56.3°F/ 13.5°C
Canisius offers over 90 student clubs in many different areas of interest to appeal to students of all types. Our varsity athletics are at the NCAA Division I level, and students will regularly cheer on our teams. Our campus is located in the heart of Buffalo, the 2nd largest city in New York State, which means there is plenty to do in the area both on and off-campus. There are two subway stops on the Canisius campus, allowing for easy access to shopping, sporting events, concerts, theater, restaurants, and much more!