- Location Monterey Park, CA
- Web Site http://www.elac.edu
- Nearest ELS Center La Verne,CA
- Need to Learn English? Learn More About English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
|Housing||Location Type||Offers Scholarships||Student Population||Offers CLA|
|Available for Undergraduate||Urban||No||29000 (Total)||No|
|Degrees Offered||Public/Private||Institution Type||Student Body||Student Population|
|Associate||Public||Associate College||Co-educational||809 (International)|
Yearly Costs / ELS Level
|Degree||Tuition||Fees||Housing **||Meals||OtherExpenses||I 20/Visa* (Total Required Funds)||ELS|
East Los Angeles College (ELAC), a two-year public community college, is situated in the heart of the city of Monterey Park in the center of one of the areas of greatest demographic change in the nation. ELAC has a rich variety of cultural traditions represented in its student body, with a variety of economic and linguistic backgrounds. The College serves a large portion of the city of Los Angeles and 13 other cities. The convenient location of the College makes it easily accessible via a network of freeways and by a variety of public transportation lines.
East Los Angeles College does not have housing facilities for its students. International Students generally live in apartments close to campus, rent rooms in houses within the community or stay with relatives. The cost of living is approximately $8,500 - $10,000. The International Student Office will help students find housing.
- The Associated Students Organization emphasizes social and cultural programs representative of the varied student body.
- Seventy-three campus clubs
- Opportunities for off-campus recreational activities in the desert, mountains, beach, amusement parks and in the city.