- Location University Park, IL
- Web Site http://www.govst.edu
- Nearest ELS Center Chicago,IL
- Need to Learn English? Learn More About English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
|Housing||Location Type||Offers Scholarships||Student Population||Offers CLA|
|Available for Undergraduate and Graduate||Suburban||No||5776 (Total)||Yes|
|Degrees Offered||Public/Private||Institution Type||Student Body||Student Population|
|Bachelor, Master||Public||Master: Colleges and Universities||Co-educational||95 (International)|
Yearly Costs / ELS Level
|Degree||Tuition||Fees||Housing **||Meals||OtherExpenses||I 20/Visa* (Total Required Funds)||ELS|
Governors State University (GSU) is located in University Park, Illinois, about 37 miles south of Chicago's Downtown Loop area. Set amongst 750 acres of prairie, GSU is proud to offer the most affordable university undergraduate tuition rate in the state of Illinois. Founded in 1969, GSU is a four-year public university that champions openness, innovation and flexibility. Serving more than 5,500 students, GSU offers 64 degree and 24 certificate programs and our students earn the qualifications needed to succeed in business, industry, healthcare, the arts and education. The university faculty, administration and staff are committed to providing a quality education, embracing diversity and serving students with excellence. Beyond great professors and challenging classes, there are all kinds of activities students can get involved in at GSU. They will find sports teams plus more than 70 clubs and organizations to meet your every interest - and then some. The average low winter temperature is 17°F/-19°C and the average high summer temperature is 84°F/29°C.
- Prairie Place, the first on-campus residence at Governors State University, opened Fall 2014. This is where students can take full advantage of everything the diverse and lively community has to offer. Students can meet other fellow students - some just like each other, some from other countries, with other majors and at other points in their academic careers. Students can form great friendships that will stay with each other for a lifetime. This is a true living and learning community.
Prairie Place is no ordinary college dorm. It's a state-of-the-art residence with a choice of living options:
- Two-bedroom apartments / single occupancy bedrooms
- Two-bedroom apartments / double occupancy bedrooms
- Semi-Suites / double occupancy bedrooms
- Four-bedroom apartments / single occupancy bedrooms
There are also two community kitchens on each floor and there's even an in-house classroom for meetings and events
Governors State University (GSU) has that facilities include a complete library, center for performing arts, student environmental contract laboratory, Follett bookstore, cafeteria, child-care, and a fully-equipped fitness center, with swimming pool, weight room and basketball courts.