- Location Charlotte, NC
- Web Site http://www.queens.edu
- Nearest ELS Center Charlotte,NC
- Need to Learn English? Learn More About English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
|Key majors offered|
|Housing||Location Type||Offers Scholarships||Student Population||Offers CLA|
|Available for Undergraduate and Graduate||Suburban||Yes||2400 (Total)||Yes|
|Degrees Offered||Public/Private||Institution Type||Student Body||Student Population|
|Bachelor, Master||Private||Master: Colleges and Universities||Co-educational||175 (International)|
Yearly Costs / ELS Level
|Degree||Tuition||Fees||Housing **||Meals||OtherExpenses||I 20/Visa* (Total Required Funds)||ELS|
Queens University of Charlotte's gorgeous campus is situated in a beautiful, historic residential neighborhood just minutes from downtown Charlotte and major shopping areas. Charlotte, the second largest financial center in the USA, is a clean, modern and diverse city that has received the distinctions of being "The Most Livable City" and "Best Place to Live" in the United States. Queens is a private, co-educational, Masters-level University with a commitment to Liberal Arts and Professional studies. U.S. News & World Report ranks Queens in the top tier of Master's Universities in the southern region of the country. The University prides itself on an outstanding and committed faculty (five North Carolina Professors of the Year), innovative curriculum and creative programs with 39 majors. There are six schools within the University: the College of Arts and Sciences, McColl School of Business, Blair College of Health (including the Presbyterian School of Nursing), Cato School of Education, Knight School of Communication and Hayworth School of Graduate & Continuing Studies. Students can enjoy a wide range of eclectic restaurants, museums, sports, performing arts and entertainment events in Charlotte. The scenic Appalachian Mountains and the sparkling Carolina beaches are just two to four hours away. Charlotte's bustling atmosphere creates many opportunities for career-related internships and service learning experiences.
- "The campus supports seven residence halls, which house from 70 to 230 students each. A variety of accommodations are available including double rooms, suites and apartments. All residence halls offer cable television access and Internet access and local telephone service. Most halls also have a commuter lab. Some off-campus housing available for junior and senior students.
Residents are required to participate in one of two possible meal plans. Full-time undergraduate students are expected to live on-campus unless they are married, living locally with family or have received special permission from the Director of Residence Life.
- Off campus housing is available for adult and non-traditional students
Housing is available (for Traditional UG's)
No housing is available (for Adult UG's)"
- Facilities include a gymnasium, indoor pool, tennis courts, weight room, dance studio and several athletic playing fields.
- Multiple computer labs and a large library
- NCAA Division II sports with 20 men's and women's programs
- The Office of Student Activities and Orientation provides a variety of activities for students.